Thursday, July 24, 2008

How could life suck with all this cool stuff?


Today, I am being thankful for gadgets.

I don't have a lot of them because I have chosen to fill my house, my budget, and my life with children instead, but the ones I have are pretty darn nifty. I have a sandwich-pocket maker that makes the most awesome grilled cheese sandwich pockets ever. When you bite into them, the cheese explodes into your mouth in this oozy, comforting way. I love my hair straightening iron, too, although I rarely have time to use it. Ironically, my hair is already straight, but the straightener makes it silky smooth and... just better.

American life is full of nifty stuff. Diaper Genies were the bomb when I used disposables, which I now realize smell worse than cloth diapers. Martini shakers are awesome for any mixed drink, even if you aren't a martini person. Sponge mops and other non-disposable cleaning tools are a green mommy's best friend, since we are all too socially and environmentally responsible to use timesavers like Swiffers and cleaning wipes. Have you ever paused to consider how everyday things like nail clippers and tweezers are truly feats of genius and engineering?

So today I am going to look around my house at all my crap, and be glad I have that crap.

1 comments:

Mrs. Pevensie said...

I love my cool stuff too...like my grain grinder and DLX mixer so I don't have to make my bread TOTALLY by hand. Imagine living a century ago - gasp!