I apologize for yet another multi-week hiatus from blogging. I enjoy blogging and it takes just a few minutes at the computer, so why can't I seem to get a daily post written? Here might be the answer, or at least part of it.
Things I must do...
- Care for five children between the ages of older teen and newborn. This is complicated by my preference for attachment parenting, which necessitates talking and explaining instead of spanking and yelling, and training my baby to be a sensitive and attached human being rather than a "self-soother" who internalizes rather than vocalizing her needs... a subject for another blog. The point is: I am not a low-interaction parent raising low-maintenance children. Quite the opposite.
- Homeschool aforementioned children, which includes not just teaching, but all of the offal that goes with it... lesson planning, curriculum buying, copy making, field tripping, social life managing.
- Maintain a large, but frugal and ecologically sensible home. This entails making and using homemade cleaners, hanging out laundry, gardening, foraging for good deals in nontraditional venues.
- Cook. I'm a foodie, if you haven't guessed already. I like fresh/organic/healthy and I need cheap.
- Write. I'm trying to break into freelance writing after a long career hiatus, and the first requirement of a writer is WRITING. I'm trying. But see above.
- Be a member of my community. We go places, do things, talk to people and try to generally be a visible family.
Things I cut out to allow time for above:
- Unnecessary lessons and errands. This saves gas and emissions as well!
- Television. Not a huge loss.
- Much of my social life, unfortunately.
- Sometimes, blogging. But every day I get more organized and my baby grows more independent, so I promise to get better!
My new goal is to blog every morning, just a little. Check back to see if I make it! And don't forget to leave comments--I LOVE comments.